Saturday, February 12, 2011

Can't get any salt- use a torch to melt the ice! - Dealing with ice without resorting to violence


With much of the country socked in by major storms, salt has been hard to hard to find. Heavy hand tools are an effective way to deal with the ice, but they are hard work, and aren't ideal for those who are disabled to use. This video shows an effective and fun alternative to beating at the ice with a sledgehammer- using a propane torch to melt ice.

Obviously: Be safe, sane, sober (durrr!)

This was the most fun video to shoot since before my atraumatic femur fracture, it hearkens back to "splitting wood while balancing on a bongo board." So yes, even after fibromyalgia's soaked my body in pain, osteoporosis has rendered my bones brittle, and TIAs have taken away my steadiness, I still have fun with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment